Ultra thick and so darn soft on the inside these chocolate chip walnut cookies are loaded with melty chocolate chunks and toasty walnuts in every bite!
Because, it’s weekend and we all deserve a cookie! A huge one. And certainly these are some of the best chocolate chip cookies I have made in a while.
Between the soft cookie dough, crunchy walnuts and about a million of melty chocolate pockets-this one easily beats some of the best chocolate chip cookie recipes out there!
These cookies bake slightly crispy and golden on the outside while the inside stays unbelievably thick and gooey.
Most noteworthy, they tick all the marks of a perfect chocolate chip cookie.
- Oozing with pockets of melty chocolate chips, I use semi sweet
- Delightfully crisp edges
- To die for soft in the centers
- That remarkable thickness! Probably the thickest cookie you will ever bake
- And an amazing nutty contrast from walnuts
I used California Valley Nuts’ walnuts to make my cookies. Seriously one of my favorite nuts for baking! That nutty aroma, when I toasted these walnuts was just amazing.
I must say what a difference high quality ingredients make! Make sure to use good quality chocolate chips and vanilla (in the amount I mention) too. And you will know what I am talking about.
Also walnuts are a huge help in producing super thick cookies. I swear by the love of chocolate chip cookies!
Furthermore, chocolate and walnut flavor together in buttery soft cookies will blow your mind away!
Walnut chocolate chip cookies: Ingredients
This recipe is created to produce 5 large sized cookies. It is based off of my super thick choc-chip cookies. I increased the amount of ingredients used to produce even more thicker and chewier cookies.
- We are adding more brown sugar than white for an ultimate chewy texture.
- Cornstarch, to produce that ultimate thick cookie ever known.
- Semi sweet choc-chips (I ain’t a fan of cloyingly sweet cookies). You may substitute them with milk chocolate chips too. No judgments here! 😉
- Room temperature butter and egg. One more time, room temperature only!
- Walnuts, for a texture contrast to these mouth melting delicacies!
I have shared numerous tips and tricks to produce thick chocolate chip cookies in this post. You don’t want to miss that out before baking these!
Seems like you are about to attain Chocolate chip cookie Nirvana! I am so excited for you to experience it.
Disclosure: I am working with California Valley Nuts to bring you today’s recipe.
Adapted from the domestic rebel!
More Chocolate treats for ya!
Easy chocolate cupcakes (small batch recipe)
These Valentines brownies cookies are a must try!
You will love these brownies bakes in cupcake liners
- 1 Cup (125 gms) All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Butter (Room temperature)
- 1/2 Large (2 Tbsp) Egg
- 6 Tbsp (75 gms) Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp (25 gms) Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet)
- 1/2 Cup Walnut chunks (toasted)
- To toast Walnuts: 1. Line a baking sheet with foil and preheat oven to 350 deg F.2. Spread walnut pieces in an even layer and toast for about 7-10 minutes or until fragrant. Keep flipping and turning them every now and then to avoid burning. Allow to cool.To make the cookies: 1. Beat butter and both sugars together on medium using a stand mixer or hand beater until creamy and fluffy. Add in vanilla and egg. Beat on high to combine for about a minute.2. Sift flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt on the creamed mixture and combine just until flour disappears.3. Gently fold in the walnut chunks and chocolate chips. Chill the dough for one hour or up to 2 days in the refrigerator.4. When ready to bake, preheat the oven at 350 deg F and line a baking sheet with silicon mat or parchment paper.5. Divide the dough into 5 equal sized portions. Each cookie will be about 1/4 cup. Form balls out of these portions and bake for 11-13 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
6. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before transferring on the wire rack to cool completely.
7. Enjoy warm!