Melty brie, tangy-sweet sauce and buttery pastry come together in this cranberry brie puff pastry holiday appetizer. Quick to bake, easy to please!
1. Preheat the oven to 400 deg C. Unroll the refrigerated puff pastry sheet and cut into 12 even squares (4x3).
2. Cut out circles on 8 of the pastry squares, using a small round pastry cutter. Place 2 squares with holes on top of the uncut pastry square. You will end up with 4 pastry dough tower squares.
3. Cut the wheel of Brie into 4 rough circles using that small, round pastry cutter again and place them in the center of the pastry squares.
4. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper/silicon mat. Egg wash each pastry square and bake for about 10-15 minutes or till they are golden brown.
5. While the pastry squares are baking, keep your cranberry sauce or jams of choice and other toppings (glazed and sugared cranberries, pecans) ready.
6. Remove the puff pastry squares from oven and top with cranberry sauce, candied pecans, more cheese if desired (it will warm up and melt in the pastry while it's hot).
7. Top with glazed and sugared cranberries, raspberries and mint leaves. Serve warm!