Whipped Shortbread Cookies
If you are searching for easy Shortbread Cookies, look no further! My buttery and melt in your mouth soft whipped Shortbread Cookies got you covered.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Chill Time2 hrs
Servings: 12 Cookies
- 6 Tbsp Butter (Room Temp, salted)
- 3 Tbsp Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/2 Cup+1 Tbsp All Purpose Flour (Measured Correctly)
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch (Measured Correctly)
In a medium mixing bowl beat butter and confectioners' sugar for 3-4 minutes. Don't skimp on the beating time for light textured cookies.
Beat sifted flour and cornstarch in the bowl and beat only till combined.
Chill the dough for 2 hours in the fridge. Pro Tip: To speed up this process, you may chill the dough in freezer until firm.
Roll into 12 cookie balls, press their tops with a cornstarch dipped fork and top with sprinkles.
Set the cookies on a lined baking tray and allow to chill in the freezer till you preheat the oven.
When ready to bake preheat oven at 300 deg F and bake cookies for 19-20 minutes. Or till their tops look set.
Allow to cool on the baking tray.
Whipped shortbread Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temp up to a week.
For longer storage, you may store them in fridge for another week. Allow to come to room temperature before serving!
- Both baked and unbaked cookies can be stored in the freezer.
- To freeze unbaked cookie balls, keep the balls on a tray in freezer till they firm up. Store them in ziploc bag then. No need to thaw before baking. Just add a minute more to the baking time.
- Baked cookies can be stored in an airtight freezer friendly container for up to 2 months. Thaw the cookies before serving.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 50mg | Sugar: 2g