Whipped Shortbread Cookies
If you are searching for easy Shortbread Cookies, look no further! My buttery and melt in your mouth soft whipped Shortbread Cookies got you covered.
Servings: 12 Cookies
- 6 Tbsp Butter (Room Temp, salted)
- 3 Tbsp Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/2 Cup+1 Tbsp All Purpose Flour (Measured Correctly)
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch (Measured Correctly)
In a medium mixing bowl beat butter and confectioners' sugar for 3-4 minutes. Don't skimp on the beating time for light textured cookies.
Beat sifted flour and cornstarch in the bowl and beat only till combined.
Chill the dough for 2 hours in the fridge. Pro Tip: To speed up this process, you may chill the dough in freezer until firm.
Roll into 12 cookie balls, press their tops with a cornstarch dipped fork and top with sprinkles.
Set the cookies on a lined baking tray and allow to chill in the freezer till you preheat the oven.
When ready to bake preheat oven at 300 deg F and bake cookies for 19-20 minutes. Or till their tops look set.
Allow to cool on the baking tray.
Whipped shortbread Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temp up to a week.
For longer storage, you may store them in fridge for another week. Allow to come to room temperature before serving!
- Both baked and unbaked cookies can be stored in the freezer.
- To freeze unbaked cookie balls, keep the balls on a tray in freezer till they firm up. Store them in ziploc bag then. No need to thaw before baking. Just add a minute more to the baking time.
- Baked cookies can be stored in an airtight freezer friendly container for up to 2 months. Thaw the cookies before serving.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 50mg | Sugar: 2g