Easy chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting
Easy chocolate cupcakes that are egg free and are so moist, light and chocolatey that this one is sure to be added to your ''chocolate family'' recipes! Also these are frosted with pipeable whipped strawberry cream frosting!!!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time24 mins
Total Time49 mins
Servings: 12 Cupcakes
- 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp (186 Gms) Semolina (Fine) (see note 1)
- 3/4 Cup (180 ml) Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup (60 ml) Oil
- 3/4 Cup (150 Gms) Powdered Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup (50 Gms) Cocoa powder (I used hershey's natural unsweetened)
- 1 tsp Baking powder (Scant)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda (Scant)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 110 ml Water
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee
Strawberry whipped cream frosting
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 5 Tbsp Strawberry Jam
- 4 Tbsp Sugar (confectioners)
- Pink gel food color (as needed, optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 320 deg F and line a baking pan with liners. Set aside.2. Warm the milk and soak semolina in it. Add vinegar and salt. Mix lightly and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.3. Meanwhile sift cocoa, baking powder and baking soda together. After 20 minutes, add oil, powdered sugar and vanilla to the semolina batter and mix. If you find it tough to mix, you may add 1-2 tbsp of the measured 2/3 cup water. I usually am able to mix it without any water.4. Add sifted cocoa+baking powder+baking soda to the semolina batter and mix well. Add instant coffee to water and heat it. Mix this hot coffee solution to the batter. Mix well until smooth.5. Pour the batter into liners. Fill only 2/3 of the liners. No more please. Bake these for 24 minutes. And let them cool down in the oven only, doors closed!6. Take them out after 10 minutes. And allow to cool down further.7. For the frosting, pour cool whipping cream in cool bowl, add sugar and whip until soft peak stage.8. Slowly incorporate jam to the cream and food coloring(if adding). Mix just until combined.9. Keep the cream in fridge till ready to use, Frost as desired. Storage-You may keep unfrosted cupcakes stored in an air tight container at room temperature. Or you may keep the frosted ones in fridge for upto 5 days.
- You can replace semolina with all purpose flour at ease. Results in super soft and moist cupcakes that you will bake again and again.
- Do not fill your cupcakes more than 2/3 of the liners, else the batter will overflow while baking.
- Don't be tempted to open your oven at all here before these bake. Or the cupcakes will sink in the middle.
- Let the cupcakes cool down a little bit inside the oven with door closed. This will prevent the cupcakes from sinking.