Best Eggless Chocolate Cake
The best eggless chocolate cake (that is vegan-dairy free, butter free, extra-calories free) that you will ever taste. This chocolate cake is ultra moist, flavorful, spongy and so soft that it will just melt in your mouth!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 9 Slices
- 2 2/3 cups All purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa (natural, unsweetened)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee(Optional, but I strongly recommend)
- 2/3 Cup Oil
- 4 tsp Vinegar
For the Frosting:
- 2 Cups Vegan Butter (I used Earth balance) See notes
- 4 Cups Powdered sugar
- 280 Gms (Little over 1 1/2 cups) Chopped Bitter sweet chocolate (Good Quality)
- 2-4 Tbsps Almond Milk (See Notes)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Whipping cream
- 1 Cup Dark chocolate chips
- Handful of Sprinkles
1. Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and line two 8 or 9 inches round cake tins with parchment paper. Set aside.2. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together. Add sugar and mix everything well.3. Mix coffee in water(if adding) and pour over the dry ingredients. Do not mix this yet. Add oil, vinegar and vanilla to the bowl and mix everything well until combined. Divide the batter in the prepared tins.4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of this cake comes out clean. Cool the cake completely before frosting.For the vegan butter cream frosting:Take room temperature butter in a bowl, mix in sugar and beat well. Beat in melted chocolate and add just enough almond/milk of choice to get a firm consistency, good enough for spreading.Frost both the cakes with the chocolate frosting. Save some frosting for decorating on top of the cake.
For dark chocolate frosting decoration: 1. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add chopped chocolate to it and let it stand for 5 minutes, covered. Stir vigorously till it turns smooth and silky.2. Allow to chill to a pipeable consistency. Pipe into desired patterns using both dark chocolate frosting and vegan chocolate buttercream. Decorate with chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Please use good quality chocolate in the frosting. It really makes a difference.
- Make sure you are using fresh baking soda. Stale one may lead to a disastrous bake. No it did not happen with me, if you are curious. :D
- You may use regular butter and full fat milk/ cream in the recipe if not vegan.