Cranberry orange muffins recipe with pistachios and white chocolate
Moist, buttery and flavorsome cranberry orange muffin recipe dotted with pistachios and white chocolate is sure to impress your taste buds!
Servings: 12 Muffins
- ½ cup (100 gms) Sugar, granulated
- ¼ cup (50 gms) Brown sugar
- ½ cup (115 gms) Butter, softened
- 2 Large eggs
- ½ cup (120 gms) Yogurt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- About 1 tbsp Orange zest. from two large oranges
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tbsp Orange juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ¾ cups (226 gms) Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup cranberries
- ½ cup pistachios
- 1 cup White chocolate chips/melted white chocolate to glaze
- ½ tsp Cardamom, ground
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F and spray a 12 count muffin pan with nonstick spray. Or you can line the pan with cupcake liners. Set it aside.2. In a mixing bowl using a handheld or stand mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and creamy. About 3 minutes. Now add in the eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, cardamom, milk, orange zest and juice. Incorporate it all well.3. Sift baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour together on wet ingredients and fold just until combined. A few visible small lumps are okay! 4. Add in cranberries, white chocolate chips and pistachios. Fold lightly. Save some to decorate on top.5. Pour batter in the pre-lined pan and sprinkle with remaining nuts, berries and chocolate chips. Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for 13-15 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.6. Take the muffins out when done and allow to cool further on a wire rack.7. Melt white chocolate (if glazing) in the microwave in 15 seconds increments and spread over cooled muffins. Top with more pistachios and cranberries if needed.
- You can either mix your white chocolate chips in the batter and bake. Or you can glaze your muffins with melted chocolate skipping the chocolate chips from recipe. Tastes yum, either way!
- Adding cardamom is optional. You may skip it if don't like it in your muffins.
- To make these muffins vegan and dairy free, use egg replacer instead of eggs; replace milk with coconut milk; Substitute plain yogurt with vegan one (I use So delicious coconut milk yogurt alternative) and earth balance butter. The muffins rise very well with these substitutes and are very moist to taste.
- You could also use a gluten free flour for this recipe.