Strawberry chocolate chip cookies
Soft, chewy, festive and inky-pinky strawberry chocolate chip cookies recipe using cake mix. Only one you will want to bake!
Servings: 24 Cookies
- 1 Box Strawberry cake mix
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Mini chocolate chips
- 10-12 Whole cherries (preserved ones, drained)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper/silicone baking mat and set aside.2. In a mixing bowl add oil, vanilla and egg (everything at at room temperature). And mix well with a spoon till well combined.3. Add in cake mix and baking powder. No need to sift. Stir with a spoon to form a dough. Make sure no lumps remain. Throw in half of the chocolate chips (save the rest for decoration) and chopped cherries. If you find the dough sticky, freeze for 3-4 minutes (covering with a cling wrap) or until the dough is firm enough to handle.4. Take the dough in your hands (using a small ice cream scoop) and roll into tall balls. Don't make these round. As the cookies have a tendency to spread out in oven quite a bit.5. Put the tall dough balls on the prepared sheets at a distance and bake for about 9-10 minutes.6. Let them cool down further on a wire rack and this is the time to press the remaining chocolate chips into them.7. Ready to enjoy when cooled down completely.
- Strawberry cookies are famous for catching color quickly. So keep an eye on them. Every oven is different. Turn the tray half way through (after 6 mins) if you see them browning too soon on one side.
- The cookies might appear soft in the center at the ninth minute. Don't be tempted to over bake them. These will firm up as they cool down.