Overnight oatmeal in a jar with mango and berries
Super fun and easy overnight oatmeal in a jar for two. Flavor packed with fresh mangoes and blueberries. Such a bright and convenient start to a hot summer morning!
Servings: 2 Persons
- 2/3 Cup Rolled oats
- 2/3 Cup Vanilla flavored yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Fresh/frozen mango puree
- 1/3 Cup Fresh/frozen blueberry puree
- 1 Tbsp Sweetener of choice (I use honey)
- A handful of soaked and/or peeled almonds
- A handful of fresh blueberries
- A sprinkle of oats (optional)
1. Grind mango and blueberries to puree.2. In a mug/jar combine yogurt, honey and oats till the oats are moistened.3. Add in berries and mango puree. Do not over mix these puree in the yogurt mixture. Doing so will reveal a few yellow and purple swirls in the morning.4. Secure the jar/mug with a lid/plastic wrap and keep overnight in the refrigerator. If you plan to make this recipe in the day, let it rest for atleast 7 hours in the refrigerator.5. In the morning, top the oats with soaked almonds, fresh berries sprinkled with a tablespoon of oats (optional).6. If you find the oats are less sweet than what you prefer, add more sweetener as desired. Also extra milk of choice can be added right before serving to adjust the consistency.
Overnight oats can be stored in the fridge for 1-2 days. These taste best when eaten within 12-18 hours.
You can also freeze them in small portions for 5-6 days and thaw in the fridge overnight before enjoying. Add nuts, fresh fruits and toppings right before enjoying.
Make these overnight oats dairy free and vegan by adding vegan vaniila yogurt and a vegan sweetener of choice.
Use certified gf oats if wish to make this recipe gluten free.
If using a non flavored yogurt, add a splash of vanilla extract in the curd+oats mixture.