Oreo Strawberry icebox cake
Give your oven some rest by making a cool and refreshing Oreo Strawberry icebox cake. Absolutely no bake and fuss free.
Servings: 10 Slices
- 2 Cups (473 ml) Heavy whipping cream
- From 20 cookies Cream (leftover from oreo cookies)
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (Granulated)
- 1 1/2 tsp Cocoa powder (For the top chocolate cream layer)
- About 20 whole Oreo cookies with vanilla cream
- A few crushed oreo chunks (to top, optional)
- 2 cups Strawberries (chopped)
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Lemon juice (fresh)
- 3-5 Tbsp Sugar (As much/little sweet as you like)
- 2 tsp Water
To decorate on top (optional)
- A few strawberry slices
- Some Broken oreo cookies
- Some Chocolate curls
- Few flowers of Piped vanilla whipped cream
- 1 Crushed oreo cookie (to sprinkle over the top layer)
Making the whipped cream:Using a hand mixer, beat the cream, sugar, vanilla and leftover oreo cream till soft peaks are formed (DO NOT whip to stiff peaks). Now put approx 3/4 cup of the cream in a separate bowl and mix cocoa powder to it. Set aside.Making the Strawberry sauce:1. Add lemon juice, water and cornstarch to a small bowl and mix well to combine.2. In a small sauce pan put chopped strawberries and sugar together and stir over medium heat. After 4-5 minutes add in the cornstarch mixture to the pan. 3. Cook till the sauce thickens and coats the back of the spoon well. Set aside to cool.Making the cake:1. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with plastic wrap (leaving over hangs) and coat with a thin layer of whipped cream to stick cookies on. Layer oreo cookies (half of the whole cookie, cream removed) on the top!2. Spread and layer 3/4 cup of the whipped cream on top of cookies. Layer half of the strawberry filling on top. Then again a layer of whipped cream. About 3/4 cup.3. Line oreo cookie halves over the cream (as close as possible). And layer whipped cream over it.4. Now layer the remaining strawberry filling on the whipped cream. Top this filling again with the remaining white vanilla whipped cream.5. Final and third layer of oreo cookie halves come then.6. Over these cookies, spread and layer the 3/4 cup of chocolate flavored whipped cream. Top with crushed oreo chunks.7. Cover with aluminium foil on top and let set in the freezer for good 4-6 hours. Overnight is the best.8. Let the cake soften to room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before serving, or it will be rock hard! You could also soften it in the refrigeratore for about an hour or so before slicing.9. Unmold the cake using the over hangs. Decorate with toppings (if doing so)Slice and serve!
- You can make your strawberry filling ahead and store it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- The cake can be made and kept in the freezer 2-4 days in advance. Thaw in the refrigerator only when ready to eat!