Strawberry Bread Recipe
Just the right amount of moist strawberry bread that comes together in a snap. This bright bread is sweetened with a fresh and fruity strawberry glaze!
Servings: 10 Slices
- 1 ½ Cups (188 gms) All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup (200 gms) Sugar
- ½ Cup (140 gms) Greek yogurt (at room temp)
- ⅓ Cup (81 gms) Sour cream (at room temp)
- 3 large Eggs (at room temp)
- ⅓ Cup (80 ml) Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Strawberries (rinsed, dried, diced-⅓ of an inch and tossed in a tbsp of flour)
For the strawberry glaze
- ¾ Cup Marshmallow fluff
- 4 Chopped Strawberries (red and ripe)
- 2 tsp Water
- Few drops red food coloring (optional)
For the decoration
- 2 Tbsp Marshmallow fluff (melted in microwave)
- 2 Strawberry fans
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease/spray an 8 or 9 inch loaf pan. I used a light colored pan as I did not want my bread to get over brown on the sides.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set it aside. Beat eggs, oil, sugar, yogurt and vanilla together in a medium bowl until combined. Add sour cream and mix it in too.
Now slowly pour wet ingredients into dry and fold until no lumps of flour are visible. Try not to over mix. Fold half of the strawberry chunks in.
Pour in the greased pan, top with remaining strawberries and bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. My bread took exactly 57 minutes in oven.
Cool the bread in pan for 5-10 minutes. Cool down further on a wire rack completely before glazing/slicing.
To make Strawberry Glaze:
Add water to diced strawberries and cook on stove/microwave stirring in between to form a reduction. Cool and strain it.
Add this reduction to marshmallow fluff (add in the food coloring, if using) and mix till fluffy and well combined. Glaze as needed.
Note: To make strawberry fans, take a medium strawberry and make a few cuts (as thin as you can) through the length of the berry. Be careful not to cut all the way through the stem. Apply a little pressure on the stem and the fruit will fan out. It is super easy!
- the bread tastes super yum on the day 2. As all the flavors get time to know each other well. You can store this bread at room temperature in an air-tight container for 2-3 days.
- Any left overs can be kept in refrigerator for up to a week. This also freezes well for 2-3 months with/without the glaze on. Thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 200mg | Sugar: 16g