Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
Super easy and moist Chocolate Bundt Bake Recipe with dark chocolate ganache. Leave everything else and bake it right now!
Servings: 12 Slices
- 1 Box (15.25 oz) Dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 Box (3.9 oz) Dark chocolate pudding (instant)
- 1 Container (16 oz) Sour cream
- 3 large Eggs
- ⅓ Cup Oil
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Cups Dark mini chocolate chips
For dark chocolate ganache
- ¼ Cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- ⅓ ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Milk chcolate chips (Regular)
- ¼ Cup Mini chocolate chips
Preheat you oven to 350 deg F. Generously grease and dust a 10 inches bundt pan with oil/shortening and coat it with dark cocoa/flour. Set it aside.
In a mixing bowl combine all the wet ingredients (egg, oil, sour cream and water) till mixed. Now add cake mix and pudding mix and beat until no flour is visible. You could also do this with a hand/stand mixer. Mix everything on medium speed for about a minute till the batter is smooth and is well combined. Don't over-mix it. Add in the two cups of chocolate chips.
Pour batter in the prepared pan and bake for about 55-58 minutes or until the cake isn't jiggly anymore and is set in the middle.
Allow the cake to cool in the pan for a while and then invert on a wire stand to cool completely. Frost when cooled.
To make Chocolate Ganache:
Make ganache while cake is in the oven. In a small sauce pan add milk, butter, vanilla, sugar, cocoa and heat it till the sugar dissolves, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and let it cool completely. Now beat the ganache using a balloon whisk till it thickens and smoothens to a spreadable consistency.
Tips to make your Chocolate Bundt a success:
- You can also use chocolate mixes with natural cocoa and the same goes for pudding as well in this recipe.
- Don't use cake mixes that already have puddings mixed in them. It doesn't give the same results.
- If your bundt cakes aren't completely moist (or incase they are overbaked), I follow this weird trick that works like a charm! Simple syrup soaking! Take about 2 tbsps of water and equal amount of sugar. This solution shouldn't be all watery or else you will end up over-moistening your cake. You will heat it in the microwave just till it boils, to help that sugar dissolve completely. Drizzle this room temperature solution over your cake using a spoon/pastry brush and voila! Sometimes, I also do it on individual slices (Now you know for sure how I loathe dry bundts). You will be amazed to see how it enlivens your cake. Taste wise and look wise.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 39mg | Sugar: 3g