Easy strawberry muffins with chocolate chips
Moist, fluffy, super tall, flavor rich and easy strawberry muffins with ample of chocolate chips and sparkling crunchy tops!
Servings: 5 Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cups(187 g) All purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Large Egg (at Room temperature)
- 1/4 Cup (60 ml) Oil (Canola/Vegetable)
- 1/2 Cup (120 ml) Buttermilk (at Room temperature)
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup (100 g) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 Cup Strawberry chunks (washed, dried and cut)
- 1 Tbsp coarse sugar (for sprinkling)
Preheat your oven to 420 deg F. Grease/spray a muffin pan or line it with 5 liners. Set aside.
In a medium bowl add egg and sugar and whisk until combined. Mix in oil, buttermilk and vanilla. Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) over the wet and fold until just combined.
The batter will be thick. Do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips and strawberries. Save some chocolate chips and half of the strawberries to press on top.
Fill your muffin pan with batter, all the way to the top. Press the remaining strawberry chunks and chocolate chips. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 420 deg F for 6 minutes and then keeping muffins in the oven, reduce the temperature to 375 deg F and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out mostly clean.
Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and cool further down on a wire stand. Enjoy warm and store any left overs in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
- Muffins stay fresh in the refrigerator for 7 days and can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Thaw at room temperature/in refrigerator or microwave in small increments until warm before enjoying.
- Wash and pat those strawberries dry before cutting them. We don't want them to over-moisten our muffins.
- I love to top my muffins with a lot of strawberries. That way some of their moisture evaporates away as the muffins bake. And this makes the muffins look so pretty!
- Don't cut your strawberries too big. Just about 1/2-3/4 of an inch. Any bigger chunks can turn your muffins a little soggy in the center.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 118mg | Sugar: 5g