Strawberry bundt cake with swirl
Super moist, buttery and fluffy strawberry bundt cake with a thick, flavor packed and pretty strawberry swirl hidden inside!
Servings: 8 Medium Slices
- 1 1/2 Cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda (heaping)
- 2 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp Granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup Buttermilk
- (6 Tbsps)2 Eggs (medium)
- 3 Tbsp Butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Strawberry Jam/preserves
- 2 Drops Pink food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla buttercream frosting
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease/spray a 6 inches bundt pan with butter/oil.2. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.3. In a mixing bowl whisk together buttermilk, eggs and sugar till combined. Remember to use everything room temperature only. Now beat in your melted butter, vanilla in the mix.4. Slowly incorporate all the dry ingredients into wet and fold only till flour dissappears.5. Take about 3 tablespoons of batter out and add strawberry jam to it. Mix two drops of food coloring (if adding). Layer 1/3 of the vanilla batter first, then a strawberry batter layer, 1/3 of vanilla batter next, all the remaining strawberry batter (as shown in the pic) and finally the remaining vanilla batter.6. Bake it for about 35-40 minutes. The cake is ready when it passes tooth pick test. Take care not to over bake this one. Cool it for 10-15 minutes in the bundt pan. Cool down further on a wire rack before frosting.
I frosted my cake with buttercream to look like a glaze topping. Then I created those little spikes using a tooth-pick.
You can frost the cake into your desired patterns. Or cover this cake with a vanilla glaze. So good!