brownie cupcake recipe with cheese swirl
From scratch brownie cupcake recipe that will delight you with its brownie top, fudgy centers, chewy edges and a thick cheese swirl (With my favorite cheese)!
Servings: 10 brownie cups
- ½ Stick Butter
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp Dutch cocoa
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (Room temperature)
- ¾ Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Cup Chocolate chunks/chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup Sprinkles (optional)
Goat Cheese Swirl
- 6 Oz Montchevre goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tbsp All purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F and line a cupcake pan with 10 cupcake liners. Set aside.2. In a medium sauce pan melt butter and sugar together on low heat. And heat this mixture (stirring occasionally) until hot but not bubbling. You can also do this in microwave, to speed up the process.3. While the mixture is heating, mix all the ingredients for cheese swirl in a medium bowl, beat well and set aside.4. Transfer this mixture into a mixing bowl and add cocoa, baking powder, salt, vanilla and eggs. Beat in to combine well.5. Now add in your flour and chocolate chunks/chips. 6. To layer, add 1 ½ tbsp to 2 tbsp brownie batter in all the liners. Distribute the prepared cheese in all of them as the second layer.7. Add the remaining brownie batter in the liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted in comes out with a few baked crumbs.8. Top with sprinkles, let them cool down a bit to enjoy!
- Heating the butter and sugar leads to that beautiful brownie top we all aspire for. So don't skip this step.
- Adding chocolate chips/chunks also helps in forming the top brownie layer.