Easy pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (Half Batch)
Easy pumpkin cupcakes recipe to keep you warm in those chilly fall days, piled high with a soft and light cream cheese frosting.
Servings: 6 Cupcakes
- 2/3 Cup (83 gms) All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp All spice
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground blend of cloves+nutmeg+cardamom+black pepper+ginger
- 6 Tbsp Pumpkin puree
- 1/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup Flavorless oil
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Cream cheese frosting:
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted butter (Room temperature)
- 4 oz Cream cheese (Room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vaniila Extract
- 2 Cups Confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and line a muffins pan with 6 paper liners. Set aside.2. Whisk together egg, pumpkin puree, oil, vanilla and both the sugars in a medium bowl. Combine them all really well.3. Sift all the dry ingredients-flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and all the spices over the wet ingredients and gently fold to combine with a spatula. Do not over-mix.4. Pout the batter in the pre-prepared liners and bake for about 20-22 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.For the cream cheese frosting:1. Beat the butter until light and fluffy for about 2 minutes using an electric mixer/beater.2. Add cream cheese and vanilla and continue to beat for another 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar and keep beating till a smooth frosting like consistency is reached. Add salt and mix it in.3. Frost the cooled cupcakes (I used Ateco #827 tip) as desired.
- I like a lot of spices in my pumpkin cupcakes, you may adjust the spices to suit your taste.
- Frosted cupcakes stay good for a few hours at room temperature. For a longer storage, keep them in refrigerator for upto 2 days.
- Unfrosted cupcakes freeze well for 2 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator or on the counter before frosting.