Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe
This Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe is a must bake during chilly fall days, piled high with a soft and light cream cheese frosting.
Servings: 12 Cupcakes
- 1⅓ Cup (166 gms) All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- ¾ Cup Pumpkin puree
- ½ Cup Brown sugar
- ½ Cup Granulated sugar
- ½ Cup Flavorless oil
- 2 Large Eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Cream cheese frosting:
- ½ Cup Unsalted butter
- 8 oz Full Fat Cream cheese (Room temperature, not cream cheese spread)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups Confectioners' sugar
- Pinch Salt
Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and line a Cupcake pan with 12 paper liners. Set aside.
Whisk together egg, pumpkin puree, oil, vanilla and both the sugars in a medium bowl. Combine them all really well.
Sift all the dry ingredients-flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices over wet ingredients and gently fold to combine with a spatula. Do not over-mix.
Pour batter in the pre-prepared liners and bake for about 20-22 minutes. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
For cream cheese frosting:
I like a lot of spices in my pumpkin cupcakes, you may adjust the spices to suit your taste. If you don't like a lot of spice in your cupcakes, just skip cloves.
How to store Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- Frosted cupcakes stay good for up to a day at room temperature. For a longer storage, keep them in refrigerator. They will last for 3-4 days there.
- Unfrosted cupcakes freeze well for 2 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator or on the counter before frosting.
Serving: 1Cupcake | Calories: 439kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 23g | Sodium: 233mg | Sugar: 58g