Healthy raspberry muffins with chocolate chunks, banana and almonds
Made with whole wheat flour, sweetened with honey, low in fat and over the top on flavors. These healthy raspberry muffins will steal your heart!
Servings: 7 Muffins
- 1 1/4 Cups Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Oil of choice (I use avocado oil)
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp Light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Mashed banana (1 large banana)
- 1/2 Egg (large)
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Buttermilk or any other milk works too
- 3/4 Cup Raspberries (fresh/frozen)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate chunks
- 1/3 Cup Almonds (roughly chopped)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and grease/spray a muffin tin with oil. If you are using liners, spray with oil to avoid the muffins sticking to them!2. Sift flour, salt and baking soda together in a bowl.3. In another bowl, mix honey, brown sugar, greek yogurt, banana and extracts together. Now add room temperature egg and beat well to combine.4. Next add wet ingredients into dry and mix. Gradually add buttermilk/milk and continue to fold till the flour disappears. Do not overmix the batter.5. Fold in raspberries, almonds and chocolate, saving a few of each to top.6. Pour batter in the greased tin, top with the remaining toppings and bake for about 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.7. Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool further. Enjoy!
- Muffins stay fresh and moist covered tightly in an air tight container at room temperature for 3 days and 4-5 days in refrigerator.
- They are freezer friendly. Thaw them at room temperature, or in the refrigerator a night before you want to enjoy them. Or simple microwave for 20-25 sec and devour!