1. Preheat your oven to 420°F (215°C). Line a muffin pan with 6 liners.
2. Sift the all purpose flour with baking powder and baking soda twice and set aside.
3. Whisk egg and sugar in a large bowl with a whisk or hand-held beater until pale and fluffy. About 2 minutes. Whisk in melted coconut oil. Add yogurt, salt, poppy seeds, vanilla and butter extract to the mixture. Also mix orange juice and zest in the wet ingredients. Combine everything well.
4. Pour dry ingredients in the wet mix and combine with gentle hands using a spatula. Mix in only till the dry lumps of flour disappear. Take extreme care not to over-mix the batter as muffin batter is going to be very thick (And over doing the batter will result into hard muffins).
5. Divide the batter equally into 6 liners. This batter will be sufficient to almost cover the brim of muffin liners. Sprinkle with more poppy seeds if desired (optional).
6. Bake orange muffins for 7 minutes at 420°F (215°C) and then lower the temperature to 350°F(176°C) for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
7. Let your muffins cool slightly down in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Cool them down further on a wire stand.