Neapolitan cookies using cake mix
Neapolitan cookies using cake mix is a recipe that includes three best flavors in one cookie. Strawberry, vanilla and melty chocolate!
Servings: 12 Cookies
- 234 gms (1/2 box) Vanilla Cake Mix
- 234 gms (1/2 box) Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1/4 Cup Oil (divided)
- 2 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder (divided)
- 1 Cup Melted chocolate
- 1/4 Cup Sprinkles (optional, but pretty)
Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper/silicone baking mat and set aside.
Take two small mixing bowls. Add vanilla mix in one and strawberry cake mix to another. Now add 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 tsp baking powder and one egg to each.
Mix with a wooden spoon to form a dough. It will appear sticky, but will be firm. Chill dough for a few minutes in freezer at this point if you find it way too sticky to work with.
Divide both the doughs into 12 balls. Take a ball of vanilla and a ball of strawberry dough and roll them together.
Repeat with the remaining balls.
You will have 12 cookie balls in the end. Place them on your pre-lined sheet and stick them in freezer for 10 minutes or until they are firm to touch.
Bake these for 9-10 minutes. Let them cool for a few minutes on baking tray and cool down on wire stand further. Melt some chocolate and dip the cooled cookies in it.
Top with sprinkles of choice, if using. Enjoy!
- The cookies will stay fresh for about 3-4 days at room temp covered tightly.
- Both baked cookies and unbaked cookie dough balls can be frozen. Thaw baked cookies on the counter top overnight before serving. No need to thaw unbaked cookie dough balls. Just bake them for an extra minute.
Tips to make cake mix cookies thick and puffy:
- Roll your cookie dough on taller side and don't press them in the center
- Quickly chill them in the freezer till these balls are firm to touch
- Don't over bake them, even when they appear soft in the center. The cookies will firm up as they cool down.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 279mg | Sugar: 21g