Soft chewy chocolate chip cookies
Super thick, oh-so-gooey in the center Soft chewy chocolate chip cookies made with m&m eggs, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and sprinkles!
Servings: 10 Cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) Butter (unsalted, room temperature)
- ½ Cup Light brown sugar (Dark brown works too)
- ¼ Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 ½ Cups (250 gms) All purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Chocolate chips of choice
Other Add ins
- ⅓ Cup M&M eggs
- ¼ ¼ Cup Mini marshmallows
- ¼ ¼ Cup Sprinkles
- ¼ ¼ Cup White chocolate chips
1. Beat butter and both sugars together on medium using a stand mixer or hand beater until creamy and fluffy. Add in vanilla and egg. Beat on high to combine for about a minute.2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt on the creamed mixture and combine just until flour disappears.3. Gently fold in M&M eggs, marshmallows, sprinkles and both chocolate chips. Save some add-ins to top on baked cookies. At this point you can chill the dough for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. (See recipe notes)
4. When ready to bake, preheat the oven at 350 deg F and line your baking sheet with silicon mat or parchment paper. I like to bake 6 cookies in a batch.
5. Divide the dough into 10 equal sized portions. Don't squish the dough in your hands too much. Chill till the mounds are firm to touch (about 30 minutes). Bake for 10-11 minutes. Or till they appear golden on the outside.
6. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before transferring on the wire rack to cool completely. This is the time to press saved add-ins to your cookies.
7. Enjoy warm!
MAKE AHEAD TIP
- Cookie dough can be stored in refrigerator for 3 days, bring to room temperature and divide into 10 portions to proceed ahead with step 4 of recipe instructions.
- Unbaked cookie balls stay well in freezer for 3 months. Freeze them for a few hours on cookie sheet and then store them in zip locks. There is no need to thaw cookie balls before baking. Just bake them for an extra minute.
- Baked cookies stay good in freezer for 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator, or at room temperature. You can also re-heat them in microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- These cookies when reheated, taste very close to a freshly baked cookie, try it!