Healthy Granola Snack Bars
Say hello to your health and guilt free munching with these yumm spelling, soft and chewy Granola Bars.
Servings: 8 Bars
- 3/4 Cup Old fashioned oats (not roasted)
- 1 Cup Rice krispies cereal
- 1/4 Cup Slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup Walnuts+hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Dark mini-chocolate chips
- A pinch Salt
1. Line a 8 by 5 inch loaf tin with a parchment paper. Keep it hanging from the sides and set aside. It will be easy to take the out after they cool down. Preheat your oven to 300°F(149°C).2. Melt peanut butter in a double boiler or microwave. 15 seconds should do the trick. Mix in honey, vanilla, salt, walnuts, hazelnuts and 1 tbsp of the chocolate chips. Save the rest to press them for decoration.3. Also add in 2 tbsp of slivered almonds(slightly crushed with hands) saving the rest to spread for decoration, before baking.4. Quickly mix in oats and add rice krispies cereal then. Stir everything and press into the lined tin. Take your time and press the mixture down with firm hands. You may press them in with the back of a spatula(applying some butter to it), if you find the mixture a bit to sticky to be handled by hands.5. Spread and lightly press down the rest of slivered almonds and the remaining chocolate chips. Bake the bars for 15 minutes.6. Cool the tin down completely ( about 45 minutes). Then keep it in the fridge to cool down further for not less than an hour. If that sounds a lot of time, stick the tin into your freezer for half an hour. You may cut them bars straight away then.8. Pull out the uncut granola bars lifting the parchment paper the Cut into 8 bars with a sharp knife.
- You may substitute rice krispies cereal with the same amount of oats to make the bars even more chewier than on the crispy-soft side. Or use brown, white or even gluten free rice krispies cereal.
- Don't bake them any longer than 15 minutes. The bars stay soft and chewy that way. 16th minute in the oven and they may start to burn at the edges.
- Bars stay firm in fridge better than at room temperature. Also they taste yumm chilled. :)