Best Homemade Dinner Rolls
You only need 7 simple ingredients to create the most fluffy, buttery, tender, so easy and the best homemade dinner rolls!
Servings: 12 Rolls
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk (warmed to about 110°F)
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast (I used Red Star)
- 6 Tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1 Large Egg (room temperature, lightly beaten)
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3-4 Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Butter (for brushing on top)
MAKING THE DOUGH:
1. Melt and cool the butter completely. Add the remaining sugar, egg, butter, 3 cups of flour and salt to the bowl. Mix them all to combine well and develop gluten for 3-4 mins.
2. Now knead the dough and add flour in small increments as required to form a soft and pliable dough. The dough shouldn't be sticky but still be moist to touch. (You can make the dough in a stand mixer on medium speed, if you own one for 5-6 minutes, or until it comes together and pulls away from the sides.)
1. Coat the dough in some oil, also oil the sides of bowl. Cover it with a kitchen towel or foil and let it rise in a warm environment until double in size.
2. Grease a baking 9x13" pan or 2 9 inches square/round pans and set them aside.
3. Punch the dough down after it is doubled.
BAKING THE ROLLS:
When you notice your rolls have risen halfway, preheat your oven to 375°F. Bake the well risen rolls for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden on the outside and sound hollow when tapped on top with a spoon/spatula.
Remove the rolls from oven and brush with butter. Serve warm!
Dinner Roll Tips:
Cover leftover rolls in a foil and store in an air tight container at room temperature. Never store rolls in fridge.
- How do you store dinner rolls overnight?
Both baked/unbaked rolls can be frozen.
- How to freeze Dinner Rolls?
- Baked rolls can be frozen in a plastic bag foiled individually for upto a month.
- Unbaked rolls can be frozen after rolling individually. Place rolled balls in greased baking tray for 2-3 hours in freezer. Now you can store them in a freezer bag for 2 months.
- When ready to bake, thaw and let them rise in baking pan and bake as directed.
You can thaw dinner rolls in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter top. Serve them after re-warming.
- How do you unfreeze a roll?
Bread rolls are best re-heated in oven. Place rolls on a baking dish/tray, cover it with a foil. Place some water in a ramekin along side the baking dish. Re-heat rolls in a 300 deg F pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes.
- How do you reheat bread rolls?
Soak a paper towel in water, squeeze out as much as possible and cover your roll in it tightly. Place it in microwave for 10 seconds.
- How do you moisten dry dinner rolls?
Serving: 1Roll | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 370mg | Sugar: 6g