Strawberry Cupcake Recipe
My fresh strawberry cupcakes are mega buttery yet so light. Topped with flavorful strawberry buttercream, this is the best strawberry cupcake recipe around!
Servings: 10 Cupcakes
- 6 Strawberries (medium, washed and dried)
- 1 large Egg + 1 Egg white (yolk and whites separated)
- 1 and ½ Cups (170 gms) Cake Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup (8 Tbsp) Butter (room temp.)
- 1 Cup (200 gms) Granulated sugar
- ⅔ Cup Whole Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Freeze dried strawberries
- ⅔ Cup Butter (Softened to room temperature)
- 2 ⅔ Cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- A pinch Salt
- 1 Drop Red/pink food coloring (optional)
- 10 Fresh Strawberries (to decorate on top)
Preheat oven to 350 deg F and line 10 liners in a muffin tin, set it aside.
Mash 3 strawberries into a chunky puree using a fork or blender. Chop the remaining berries into small chunks.
With a hand held or stand mixer beat egg whites to soft peaks, set it aside too.
Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. About 3-4 minutes. Add yolk, milk and vanilla to the batter. Mix well.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt over the wet ingredients and fold in to combine.
Fold in strawberry puree and chunks. Now add egg whites in the batter and fold them. The batter will look creamy.
Pour in the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then cool on a wire stand completely.
For the Strawberry Buttercream Frosting:
Using a blender, powder the freeze dried strawberries and set it aside.
Beat room temperature butter for a minute. Add in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy. About 2-3 minutes.
Now add strawberry powder, salt, food coloring (if adding) and heavy cream. Beat until thick and creamy.
Frost as desired. Top with a strawberry on each cupcake.
Storing the cupcakes:
Leftover cupcakes can be stored covered at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can store them in the fridge for 4-5 days. Keep them covered tightly.
Make ahead Tip:
Make the cupcakes 1-2 days ahead. Cover and store in an air tight container on room temp. Make the frosting a day in advance and store in refrigerator (covered tightly).
Freezing Strawberry Cupcakes:
Frosted or unfrosted cupcakes can be frozen for about 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or on kitchen counter before enjoying.
- You may use a combination of All purpose flour + Cornstarch if you don't have cake flour on hand. (1 ⅓ cups All purpose flour + 2 ½ Tbsp Cornstarch)
- You can use both fresh/frozen strawberries in the cake batter, but I highly recommend using fresh ones.
Serving: 1Cupcake | Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 36g | Sodium: 200mg | Sugar: 22g