1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. And line a muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
2. Beat the eggs, pumpkin, oil and applesauce together in the bowl of a mixer. Add sugar and blend well.
3. Now sift .Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt over wet and fold only till the flour disappears. Mix in chocolate chips.
4. Pour the batter (it will be thick) into prepared liners. Top with crumb topping and press it down lightly.
5. Bake at 400 for about 15-17 minutes or till the muffin springs back when touched lightly in the center.
6. Top with a few more chocolate chips for looks (optional, but hey! More chocolate chips!!!). Enjoy warm.