How to make Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
Learn how to make Soft Peanut Butter Cookies that bake super puffy and thick! Also, these are a far cry from all those PB cookies that crumble!
Servings: 24 Cookies
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) Butter (Unsalted, room temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg (room temperature)
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter (Creamy)
- 1 1/4 Cup All purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate chips (I used mini)
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate (roughly chopped)
Beat butter and both sugars together on medium using a stand mixer or hand beater until creamy and fluffy. Add in vanilla and egg. Beat on high to combine for about a minute.
Now add peanut butter and beat it in too.
Sift flour, baking soda and salt on the creamed mixture and combine just until flour disappears.
Gently fold in dark chocolate chunks and chocolate chips. Chill the dough for two hours or up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven at 350 deg F and line 2 baking sheet with silicon mats or parchment paper.
Divide the dough into 24 balls. Bake for 10 minutes. The edges will be lightly browned. They might appear a little undone in the centers, But don't be tempted to bake for long.
Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before transferring on the wire rack to cool completely.
MAKE AHEAD TIP AND STORAGE INFO
- Cookie dough can be stored in refrigerator for 3 days, bring to room temperature and divide into 24 portions to proceed ahead with step 5 of recipe instructions.
- Unbaked cookie balls stay well in freezer for 3 months. Freeze them for a few hours on cookie sheet and then store them in zip locks. There is no need to thaw cookie balls before baking. Just bake them for an extra minute.
- Baked cookies stay good in freezer for 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator, or at room temperature. You can also re-heat them in microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- These cookies when reheated, taste very close to a freshly baked cookie, try it!
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 116mg | Sugar: 12g