Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
Soft, Filling, Easy and Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Muffins that wait to sit on your breakfast plate. Made in one bowl, ready in 30 minutes.
Servings: 12 Muffins
- 1 3/4 Cups White whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Mashed Banana (very ripe)
- 3/4 Cup Honey (or use 1/2 cup honey+1/4 cup brown sugar)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp Butter extract
- 1/4 Cup Milk (any kind of milk works)
- 1 1/2 Cups Walnuts+raisins
To top (optional, but pretty)
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
Preheat your oven at 350 deg. F (177 C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside. Also, coat your nuts in some flour.
In a large mixing bowl bowl mix mashed banana, honey, brown sugar (if adding), eggs(slightly beaten), coconut oil, vanilla extract and butter extract, Mix it all well.
Sift wheat flour, baking soda and salt together over wet ingredient and fold lightly. Add milk and mix well. Take extra care while folding the batter, don't over mix. This can result into hard and rubbery muffins. Fold in the nuts.
Pour batter in prepared liners. Top with oats and remaining nuts+raisins if desired.
Bake Banana Bread muffins for 22-25 minutes minutes. They should springs back when touched in the middle. Also a toothpick inserted in the middle of muffin will come out clean.
After about 5 minutes, transfer them on a wire rack to cool down completely.
Whole wheat pastry flour can be substituted with white whole wheat flour. But your muffins may not bake as fluffy.
If not a fan of nuts and raisins, add a cup of chocolate chips to your batter instead.
Pro Tip to quickly ripen your banana:
Poke unripe bananas with a fork and baked them for 15 minutes at 350 deg F. in a preheated oven. Mashed them after they cool down slightly.
- You may store muffins at room temperature in an air tight container for up to 3 days. In fridge for up to 5 days.
- Also they are freezer friendly and store well for up to 2 months. Thaw on counter top or overnight in the refrigerator before enjoying.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 169mg | Sugar: 20g