Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
You'll go bananas over these fluffy Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting & a generous caramel drizzle.They are my most favorite cupcakes, coz CARAMEL!
Servings: 6 Cupcakes
- 1 Cup All purpose Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Granulated sugar
- ¼ Cup (½ stick) Butter (Softened to room temp, unsalted)
- 1 Large egg (room temp)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Mashed Banana (About 2 small bananas)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz (112 gms, ½ block) Cream cheese (Full fat, softened to room temp.)
- ¼ Cup (57 gms) Butter (Unsalted, room temp.)
- 1 ½ Cups Confectioners' sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
Caramel Sauce to drizzle over cupcakes (optional but delicious)
Few fresh banana slices to top
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and line a cupcake pan with 6 liners. Set it aside.
Mash bananas with a fork and set it aside too.
Using a handheld mixer, beat sugar and butter until creamy, about 2 mins. Next add an egg, vanilla and beat in to combine well. Scrape the sides of mixing bowl as needed.
Now add in the mashed banana and beat in to mix. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over wet ingredients and fold in just until the flour disappears into the batter.
Pour into the pre-prepared liners and bake for 25-28 mins or until they pass toothpick test. Cool on a wire stand completely and frost!
Making the Cream Cheese Frosting
Using a handheld mixer beat cream cheese frosting and butter together until light and creamy.
Now add confectioners' sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Beat on low for a few seconds.
Then beat on high for about a min or two. At this point if you find your frosting is a little runny than you'd like, add 1-2 tsp of cornstarch to it.
Frost on cooled cupcakes as desired. I frosted mine with Ateco round tip.
I got this frosting effect by keeping the tip in the center and applying pressure to form one circle of frosting. Repeat this process 3-4 times.
Drizzle with caramel sauce and top each cupcake with a fresh banana slice. Enjoy!
Make ahead instructions:
- You can make your cupcakes a day in advance. Store them at room temp, covering tightly. Same way cream cheese frosting can be made a day or 2 in advance. Store it in the refrigerator.
- Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Unfrosted cupcakes can be frozen for about 2 months. Thaw completely before frosting.
Serving: 1Cupcake | Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 24g | Sodium: 418mg | Sugar: 50g