Blackberry swirled vanilla pound cake with sprinkles
Buttery and Moist Blackberry swirled Vanilla Pound cake that is loaded with sprinkles, masked with sweet and fruity blackberry glaze, then showered with more sprinkles...Sigh!!!
Servings: 5 Medium slices
- 1/2 Cup (66 gms) Cake Flour
- 1.5 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Clarified butter(Ghee) See notes
- 4 tbsp (50 gms) Sugar
- 1 (48 gms) egg
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 3 Tbsp Sprinkles
- 4 tsp (20 gms) Blackberry jam
For the glaze
- 4 tbsp Whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Blackberry Jam
1. Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and grease/spray a mini bread tin 4 by 3 inches. Set aside. Sift cake flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a bowl.2. In a separate bowl whisk butter, clarified butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Add salt, lemon zest and juice, vanilla extract and mix well.3. Add sprinkles to the batter. Take 2 tbsp batter and mix slowly in the blackberry jam. You may use a drop of purple color here if desired. I did too.4. Drop the batter in the greased tin alternating the purple batter. And swirl the batter with a knife, lengthwise 2-3 times.5. Bake the cake for about 35-37 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.6. Make the glaze while the cake is in oven by adding whipping cream to the jam until combined well and turns a little thick and creamy.7. Allow to cool completely and spread the creamy glaze all over the cake.8. Decorate with sprinkles(optional).
- You may add 2.5 tbsp of butter instead of butter+clarified butter. But I strongly suggest to use the combination of the two. The flavor and texture magnifies 1000 folds that way.
- Use all the ingredients at room temperature only. The butter or the clarified butter shouldn't be melted. Just soft enough to be easy to cut through with a knife.
- Jam (if making from scratch) shouldn't be runny. Else lighter texture in the purple batter is almost impossible to be attained.