Best Monster Cookie Recipe
This Best Monster Cookie Recipe bakes thick and is loaded with Peanut Butter. The best part is it's a no chill Cookie recipe all dressed up for Christmas!
Servings: 12 Cookies
- ¼ Cup Butter (Room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar (I used light)
- ½ Large Egg (Room temperature, see notes)
- 6 Tbsp (92 gms) Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 10 Tbsp (78 gms) All purpose flour
- ¼ Cup Quick Oats
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ Cup M&Ms
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line baking tray with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl using a stand or hand mixer, beat butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and creamy. About 2 minutes.
Beat in egg and vanilla till combined. Next mix in peanut butter. Scrap the sides of bowl as needed.
Slowly sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) into wet and fold till combined. Do not overmix the dough. Fold in quick oats, choc chips and M&Ms. If you find the dough is too soft to work with. Chill it for 15 minutes in the freezer to speed up the process.
Roll cookie dough into balls and bake for 10-12 minutes or just until cookie start to appear golden on the edges. Cookies might appear soft but don't over bake them.
Allow the cookies to cool on baking tray for 5-7 minutes and allow to cool on wire rack further.
Quick Oats Substitution: If you don't have them in pantry, just quickly pulse old fashioned oats a few times and use them instead. Check the image above for their texture.
To measure out ½ of an egg:
Lightly whisk an egg and measure out 2 tablespoons out of it and add it to this cookie dough.
Fun Fact: You will be left with 2 tablespoons of egg.
You may use it to bake these Small Batch Molasses Cookies or double the ingredients and bake a big batch of monster cookies! ;)
- The cookies will stay fresh for about 3-4 days at room temp covered tightly.
- Both baked cookies and unbaked cookie dough balls can be frozen. Thaw baked cookies on the counter top overnight before serving. No need to thaw unbaked cookie dough balls. Just bake them for an extra minute.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 82mg | Sugar: 10g