Giant Sugar Cookie Recipe
Get ready to experience strawberry explosion in your mouth with the first bite of this Giant sugar cookie recipe! Thick, chewy, fluffy and strawberryyyy yummy!
Servings: 2 large cookies
- 1 ¾ cups (234 Gms) Strawberry cake mix
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ cup Dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp White chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper/silicone baking mat and set aside.2. In a mixing bowl put in your cake mix, add oil, baking soda and egg (everything at at room temperature). And mix well with a spoon/spatula to form a dough.3. The dough will be very sticky at first. But worry not. This will produce the chewiest cookies you will ever taste. Add in dark chocolate chips( save a few for decoration) and freeze for 3-4 minutes or until the dough is firm enough to handle.4. Take the dough in your hands and make 2 balls. Press this ball on your lined cookie sheet to form a circle as shown in the picture above. Press in a few more chocolate chips(Optional). Bake one cookie at a time.5. Bake the cookie for 9-10 minutes and check for doneness. Take the cookie out if it has got a pale color on the edges. Else bake for another minute. The cookie will appear soft in the center but will set as it cools down.6. Take out of oven, let it cool further down on the sheet. This is the perfect time when you can press in a few more chocolate chips for appearance and Hello! Extra chocolate chips. Repeat the process for second cookie. 7. Devour the fruit (or shall I say fruity cookie) of your toil. ;)
- These giant strawberry cookies are famous for catching color quickly. So keep an eye on them. Every oven is different. So, I'd say baby sit them for that gorgeous color. And turn the tray (halfway through) if you see them browning too soon on one side.
- I don't like how white chocolate chips catch color if pressed in the cookie before baking. Therefore, I decorate my cookies with white chips when they are cooling down. I suggest you do the same.
- The cookie might appear soft in the center, but it sets well as it cools down.