Snow Globe Cookies
Let it snow in you house with these easy Snow Globe Cookies decorated with royal icing, coconut and snowy sprinkles!
Servings: 4 Large Cookies
- 3 Tbsp (43 gms) Butter (Softened to room temperature)
- 3 Tbsp (45 gms) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Egg (whisk an egg lightly and measure 1 tbsp out of it)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Cup + 1 Tbsp (70 gms) All Purpose Flour
- ⅛ tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- ¼ Cup Sprinkles (snow themed)
- ¼ Cup Coconut (Shredded or desiccated, see notes*)
- Get my my Royal Icing Recipe here.
- 1 drop Sky blue gel food coloring
Beat butter using a hand held mixer until light and creamy for a minute. Now beat butter and sugar together on high speed About 2 minutes.
Add egg, almond extract and vanilla in. Beat on high speed to combine until everything is incorporated well.
Now add in dry ingredients (flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder) in two additions and beat on low until the cookie dough forms.
Cover and chill the dough for at least 2 hours and maximum 2 days in the fridge.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 deg F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Roll out the cookie dough to ¼ of an inch thickness and cut cookies using a large round cookie cutter.
Line and bake cookies for 9-10 minutes. The cookies will appear golden on the edges at this time. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray and cool further down on a wire rack.
To Decorate Cookies as pictured:
Draw 2 circles using white royal icing to make snowman's body.
Fill the rest cookie with blue royal icing. Quickly top with sprinkles before icing starts drying.
Use toppers for face if available. Apply little icing on the back of topper and stick it on the cookie. If you don't have toppers, draw third circle to make face.
Now fill snow man with a light coat of white icing and top with coconut. Make snowman's scarf with the leftover blue royal icing and stick those silver balls of sprinkles as buttons.
- If you'd like your shredded coconut to look finer and stick better on cookies, pulse it a few times in a blender before using. Don't grind it too much or else it may turn greasy!
- Store these Sugar Cookies:
At room temp for about a week
You can also freeze them for about 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator and allow to come to room temp. before serving.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 87mg | Sugar: 21g