Microwave Lemon Curd
Refreshing microwave lemon curd is made with 4 simple ingredients. This one's a super quick lemon curd recipe that is ready under 5 minutes.
Servings: 4 Yields about ¾ Cup
- 3 Tbsps Butter (salted, Softened to room temperature)
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 ½ Tbsps (40 ml) Lemon Juice (Room temperature)
- 1 ½ tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Large Egg yolks (Room temperature)
Begin by whisking all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.
Then cook the curd on full power in 1 minute increments. Stir after every minute.
After about 3-4 minutes (depending on the heat/power of your microwave) the curd will begin to thicken.
Cook till the curd coats the back of a metal spoon. The curd will thicken some more as it cools.
Try orange, grapefruit or even berries instead of lemon juice. They all taste great in their own ways!
Push lemon curd through a fine sieve to make it creamy and smooth before it cools.
To insure Thick Lemon Curd:
Mix a tsp of cornstarch in 2 tsp of cold water. Add this to your ingredients, mix well and microwave till the curd thickens. No you won't taste any cornstarch in your lemon curd!
- Store lemon curd in a clean glass jar or container for up to a day at room temperature.
- You may store curd in refrigerator for a week.
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 79mg | Sugar: 17g