Orange chiffon cake recipe with fruits
Incredibly moist and velvety, soft and silky orange chiffon cake recipe to raise your spirits during these dull and gloomy winter days!
Servings: 5 Slices
- 75 Gms Cake Flour
- 80 Gms Egg whites
- 60 Gms Yolks
- 100 Gms Sugar
- ⅛ tsp Cream of tartar
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 40 ml Orange juice
- 20 ml Milk
- 1 Tbsp Orange zest
- 40 ml Flavorless oil
1. Preheat your oven to 320°F (160°C) and line two (6-inches) cake tins( I used heart shaped) with parchment paper. Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature.2. Add egg yolks + 30 gms to sugar to a mixing bowl and beat for a minute. Add oil, vanilla extract, salt, milk, orange juice and zest to the bowl and mix in till everything gets combined well. 3. Now add in atleast three times sifted cake flour and baking powder to the mixture and fold it in.4. In a separate clean and dry bowl, add egg whites (at room temperature only) and beat in for a minute. Now add cream of tartar to it and beat well. Slowly keep on adding the remaining sugar (a tbsp at a time) and beating continuously until the egg whites form stiff peaks. This may take 5-6 minutes.5. Mix egg whites in the orange cake batter in three batches. And fold in using a spatula.6. Pour the mix in your cake tin and bake for 19-21 mins or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.7. Invert the cake tin, as soon as you take it out of the oven and let it cool down completely.
- Its very crucial that your egg whites are at room temperature, else they won't get whipped to full volume.
- Fold in the egg whites and the batter with light hands. You don't want the air bubbles to skip out of the batter.
- Keep an eye on the cake after 19 mns. Oven temperatures vary sometimes. Over-baking may result into a dry bake.
- You can make your own cake flour at home. Just take 1 cup all purpose flour. Replace 2 tbsp out of it with cornflour/cornstarch. And sift it 4-5 times. There you have it.