Small Batch Brownies
Fudgy, crinkly and chewy Small Batch Brownies made in one bowl and ready in 30 minutes. Such an easy brownies recipe that doesn't require an electric mixture or melting the chocolate.
Servings: 4 large Brownies
- ¼ Cup Butter (Unsalted and melted)
- 1 ½ tsp Oil
- ½ Cup Sugar (Use caster or ground granulated sugar in grinder)
- 1 large Egg (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Natural Cocoa
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Chocolate chunks (optional but delish)
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a 6 inches baking pan with parchment paper. Set it aside.
Combine melted butter, oil and ground sugar or caster sugar together and whisk well for a minute. You may use a hand mixer for this step. But a balloon whisk works just as well.
Add egg, vanilla and whisk them until the color lightens and the mixture looks creamy. It will be another minute or two.
Sift in flour, cocoa and salt. Gently fold in the dry ingredients till just mixed. Over mixing will affect the texture of these brownies.
pour the brownie batter in prepared pan and even the top out. Top with chocolate chunks, if adding and bake for 17-19 minutes.
Keep a close eye on your brownies after 15 minutes.As every oven is different. When tested with a toothpick, it should come out with a few moist crumbs
Allow to cool down before slicing.
- Beat sugar with HOT melted butter, do not let it cool down. Grinding the granulated sugar definitely helps, if you don't have caster sugar.
- Beat the eggs extremely well in butter sugar mixture. It helps in creating that shiny and crinkly tops you love!
- But do not over mix once you incorporate dry ingredients to the batter. We don't want to develop gluten in our batter.
- Lastly, don't over bake them. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with a few moist crumbs for those fudgiest brownies experience.
- If you wish to bake a double batch of this recipe, bake it in 8 inches square pan for about 20-23 minutes.
Serving: 1Brownie | Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 192mg | Sugar: 25g