Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe bakes crispy on the edges and chewy in the center with golden edges. Bonus: You don't need to soften or beat butter to make these cookies!
Servings: 18 Cookies
- 1 Cup + 2 Tbsps (141 g) All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup (1 stick) 113 g Unsalted Butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- 6 Tbsp (75 g) Granulated Sugar
- 6 Tbsp (75 g) Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg (at room temp)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
Whisk melted butter and both sugars together till combined. Add in vanilla and egg. Whisk well to combine.
Sift flour, baking soda and salt over wet ingredients and combine just until flour disappears.
Gently fold in chocolate chips. Cover and chill the dough for 2 hours or up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven at 375 deg F and line 2 baking sheet with silicon mats or parchment paper.
Divide the dough into 18 equal sized portions. Each cookie dough ball will be about heaping 2 Tbsps. Form balls out of these portions, place them 2 inches apart and bake for 9-11 minutes.
The cookies will look pale and fluffy. The edges will be light golden. Cool the cookies on the baking tray for 5 minutes. Cookie will flatten out during this time. Transfer them to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- The cookies will stay fresh for about 3-4 days at room temp covered tightly.
- Both baked cookies and unbaked cookie dough balls can be frozen. Thaw baked cookies on the counter top for a few hours before serving. No need to thaw unbaked cookie dough balls. Just bake them for an extra minute.
- My number 1 tip would be to use a kitchen scale to measure ingredients.
- Do not over mix the cookie dough.
- While baking a second batch of cookies in the same tray, don't put cookie dough balls on hot tray.
- Allow the cookie dough to chill for a few hours before baking. This will enhance the texture and flavor profile of your cookies and they won't over spread.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 115mg | Sugar: 14g