Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Made with whole grains and nuts, naturally sweetened, super easy to put together and Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies that actually taste good! Not only these are made in one bowl, but are also ready in under 30 minutes.
Servings: 6 Cookies
- ½ Banana (Ripened, mashed)
- ½ Cup Almond butter
- 2 ½ Tbsp Apple Butter
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Oats
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Pecans (Roughly Chopped)
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicon mat. Make sure all your ingredients are at room temp.
Mix all the ingredients using a spatula. If you desire you can make use of a hand beater.
The dough will be thick. Divide the dough in 6 balls.
Place cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the balls into discs as these cookies won't spread in the oven.
Bake for 17-18 minutes. The cookies will appear slightly brown on the edges when done.
Allow to cool for 5-7 minutes on the baking tray and then further cool down on wire rack.
- Cookie will stay fresh on room temp, covered tightly for 4-5 days and in the refrigerator for about a week.
- These cookies are freezer friendly, you can stored them in freezer, covered in a ziploc for about 3 months. Thaw for a few hours before enjoying!
- This recipe can easily be doubled if required.
- If you don't have apple butter, try using pumpkin butter or any other fruit butter. If unavailable at your end, sub it with apple sauce. Texture of these cookies will be slightly different in this case.
- To make cookies gluten free, use GF oats.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 28g | Sodium: 111mg | Sugar: 19g