Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are made with whole grains, naturally sweetened and contain no butter. Made in one bowl, these Banana Muffins are ready under 30 minutes!
Servings: 12 Muffins
- 1 ½ Cups Banana (Ripen, 3 medium)
- 1 Large Egg
- ⅔ Cup Honey (or ⅔ Cup Brown sugar)
- 6 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ (190 gms) Cups Flour (Whole wheat or All Purpose Flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C) and line a 12 count muffin pan with muffin liners and set it aside.
In a mixing bowl, mash bananas using a fork. Add egg, oil, honey and vanilla. Whisk them all for a minute using a hand whisk. Sift all dry ingredients over wet and fold only till combined.
Mix chocolate chips or any other mix ins like (nuts, poppy seeds, blueberries or raisins) in the batter.
Divide batter among the prepared liners and bake them at 425°F for 5 minutes. Then keeping muffins in the oven, reduce oven temp to 350 deg F and continue to bake them for 15-18 minutes. Total time to bake these muffins is 22-23 minutes. Always make sure muffins pass toothpick test.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan and cool down further on a wire rack.
Sweetener: You may substitute honey with brown sugar. If using brown sugar, also add 2 tbsp of milk to the batter.
Flour: Half all purpose flour and half whole wheat flour can be used here. Even 100% all purpose flour works.
- You may store muffins at room temperature in an air tight container for up to 3 days. In fridge for up to 5 days.
- Also they are freezer friendly and store well for up to 2 months. Thaw on counter top or overnight in the refrigerator before enjoying.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 56mg | Sugar: 18g