Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Topped with Caramel and Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting, my Caramel Apple Cupcakes are just like fall wrapped in a wrapper!
Servings: 10 Cupcakes
- 2 Cups (250 gms) All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Cloves
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened to room temp)
- 1 ½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 medium Apples Peeled, Cored, grated and excess liquid removed)
For Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 Oz (1 packet) Cream Cheese (Not cream cheese spread, Softened to room temp)
- ½ Cup Butter (Softened to room temp, I used salted)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ Cup Caramel (To drizzle on frosted cupcakes)
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with 10 cupcake liners. Set it aside. Grate peeled and cored apples and squeeze out excess juice out of them using your hands or paper towel. Set them aside too.
Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy. About 2-3 mns. Add egg and beat it in. Now stir in vanilla.
Sift flour, baking soda, spices, salt and add grated apples over wet ingredients.
Fold in to form batter. Do not over mix. Batter will be thick.
Divide the batter equally among 10 liners and bake for 25-30 minutes. Or till they pass the toothpick test.
Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer to wire rack to complete cooling.
To make Cream Cheese Frosting:
In a mixing bowl, beat softened butter for a minute using a stand mixer for a minute and then beat in room temperature cream cheese. Add vanilla and 2 cups of sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes more.
Add the rest of powdered sugar in and beat for 2-3 minutes or till the frosting gets fluffy and creamy. Frost with desired piping tip on cooled cupcakes.
Best Apples for baking:
I used 2 Red delicious and 2 Granny Smith apples for this apple cake. All crispy and tart apples work well in baking.
Fuji apples, Pink Lady, Honey Crisps and Gala Apples hold strong in baking too!
- Frosted cupcakes stay good for 1-2 days at room temperature. For a longer storage, keep them in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Unfrosted cupcakes freeze well for 2 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator or on the counter before frosting.
- Frosted cupcakes can be frozen too, always put paper towels in the containers your store them, to soak extra moisture. This will prevent the frosting from getting wet.
Serving: 1Cupcake | Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 28g | Sodium: 172mg | Sugar: 73g