Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Soft and perfectly spiced Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are literally the easiest bars that I have ever made! They just scream fall. These bars are made in One Bowl and are ready in under 30 minutes.
Servings: 12 Bars
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 Large Eggs (at room temp.)
- ½ Cup Oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- ¾ tsp Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ¼ Cup Butter (softened to room temp)
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese Frosting (softened to room temp)
- 2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Sprinkles (optional)
- Pumpkin Toppers (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line a 9x9 inches pan with parchment paper. Keep enough overhang on the sides to easily lift the bars out.
Add vanilla extract, eggs, oil and pumpkin puree and both sugars to a mixing bowl and whisk till combined.
Next sift all dry ingredients- flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices over wet ingredients and fold until the flour disappears in to the batter.
Pour batter in the pre lined pan and bake for about 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bars comes out clean.
Cool Completely in the pan before frosting.
To make the Frosting:
Beat room temp butter and cream cheese frosting till they get light and creamy. Add vanilla and sugar, beat on low for about 30 seconds. Turn the speed on high and continue to beat until the frosting turns light and fluffy.
Top on cooled bars and top with sprinkles and toppers (if using). Cut in to squares and serve or store in refrigerator until ready to serve!
How to store Pumpkin Bars:
Pumpkin Puree: I like to use Libby's canned Pumpkin. This recipe is baked in 9x9 square baking pan and uses half of the can. You can double this recipe at ease to use one can of pumpkin.
Oil Substitutions: Any flavorless oil works here. You may even replace half of oil with applesauce to make them a bit healthier.
- Pumpkin Bars should be refrigerated if not used in a few hours. That way the frosting will stay firm and flavorsome. You can store these bars in refrigerator for up to a week.
- Pumpkin bars can be frozen for 2 months, covered in an air tight freezer friendly container. Thaw in refrigerator before enjoying!
Serving: 1Bar | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Sodium: 144mg | Sugar: 42g