Pumpkin Cake Balls
My Pumpkin Cake Balls are cute little balls of Pumpkin Spice Cake mixed with Cream Cheese Frosting and dipped in milk chocolate.
Servings: 24 Cake Balls
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 Tbsp Butter (Room Temp)
- 3 oz Cream Cheese (Room Temp, not cream cheese spread)
- 1 ½ Cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 6 oz bar/bag of Milk/dark Chocolate (Good quality, avoid Candy Melts)
- ½ Cup Sprinkles of choice
Make frosting by beating butter, cream cheese and sugar together for a few minutes till it gets light and fluffy.
Crumble cupcake using a fork till fine crumbs are formed. Mix frosting into it. Mixture must be moist enough to be easily rolled into cake balls.
If you want uniform sized balls, use a mini cookie scoop and roll balls in round shape. Place on a parchment paper, till all the balls are formed. Quickly freeze them for around 15 minutes before dipping.
Microwave chocolate or melt it using a double boiler and allow it to cool slightly before attempting to dip cake balls. Dip balls using a fork and shake off the excess chocolate from the balls.
Top with sprinkles immediately. Place on parchment paper. Repeat until all cake balls are coated.
Quick Tips to make Best Cake Balls:
- You need your cake moist enough to be able to roll it into balls. Utilize frosting as required. If you are able to roll balls using less frosting, go for it.
- Freeze Balls before dipping to firm them up, This will make cake balls a breeze to dip.
- Melt chocolate using a tsp of oil. That way you won't get a thick layer of chocolate on cake balls.
- Quickly top the balls with sprinkles before the chocolate sets.
- Storing cake balls at room temperature is fine unless you are in a super hot environment. When kept in dry and cool space, cake balls will stay good for up to 2 days.
- If they are going to be used in a matter of few hours, you can store them at room temp, covered. Try to coat cake balls in chocolate only when you are ready to serve them.
Serving: 1Cake Ball | Calories: 54kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 24mg | Sugar: 7g