Cream Cheese Cookie Recipe
An easy Cream Cheese Cookie Recipe that bakes soft, chewy and puffy. These cookies require only 1 hour of chilling time!
Servings: 22 Cookies
- ½ Cup Butter (Salted, at room temperature)
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese (at room temperature, not cream cheese spread)
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 large Egg (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Almond Extract (optional, but delicious)
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 ¾ Cup Cake Flour
Beat butter and cream cheese together till well creamed and lightened. Add and beat in the sugar for a minute. Next add in egg and extracts. Beat it in until combined.
Sift and add cake flour and baking powder in 2-3 additions. Mix it all in and form the dough.
Cover and chill the dough for an hour in refrigerator. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 deg F. Take the dough out of refrigerator and divide it into 20-22 balls.
Place them on lined baking tray and bake for about 9-11 minutes or till the cookies look puffy and the underside edges will appear golden.
Allow to cool the cookie for 5 minutes on the tray and then transfer to a wire stand to cool further down.
Sprinkling powdered sugar over cookies:
When the cookie are cooled down, you can sprinkle them with powdered sugar. This step is optional, but it makes cookies look prettier.
- Cookies stay fresh stored at room temperature covered tightly for 2-3 days.
- Baked or unbaked cookie dough balls can be frozen for up to 2 months. No need to thaw dough balls before baking, just bake them for a minute longer.
Serving: 1Cookie | Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 57mg | Sugar: 9g