Made with 4 ingredients, they taste just like cake pops and look like Popsicles! You can make them in under 30 mins!!!
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix (prepared according to package instructions and cooled)
- ½ Cup Frosting (homemade or store bought)
- 3 Cups Chocolate (both Chocolate bars and candy melts are fine here)
- ¾ Cup Sprinkles (of choice)
- ½ Cup Mini Marshmallows (totally optional)
Crumble cooled cake in a large mixing bowl and add vanilla frosting to it. Mix it all well using a fork or with your hands.
Form 16 cake popsicles with this cake mixture using molds or form them by pressing and shaping them with your hands on popsicle sticks. Allow them to chill in the freezer (for 15 mins) or in the refrigerator until firm to touch.
Melt chocolate using double boiler or in microwave (in small increments). Add a tsp of oil to thin it out if necessary!
Then dip them in chocolate and immediately top with sprinkles one by one. Allow to set on Styrofoam until ready to serve.
Repeat the step above until all the cake popsicles are formed. Enjoy!
Tips for perfect Cake Popsicles:
- Store these in refrigerator at all times until ready to be served. They can stand room temperature for a few hours if it is not hot outside.
- To freeze them for later use I suggest freeze them uncoated. Thaw them completely for a few hours/overnight in refrigerator and them coat them in melted chocolate.
- Never dip super chilled cake popsicles into hot chocolate or else they can crack.
- Always allow cake pops to firm up in the fridge to help them stick to sticks and coat easily.
- If you notice the chocolate is getting too thick to work with, reheat it using ½ tsp of oil to thin it out.
Serving: 1Cakesicle | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Sodium: 18mg | Sugar: 23g