Healthy Pancake Recipe
Made with no butter, no refined sugar and zero all purpose flour you can actually call this a Healthy Pancake Recipe. They will keep you energized during the mornings! These can be made in under 30 minutes start to finish.
Servings: 6 Pancakes
- 2 large Eggs (at room temp)
- 6 tbsp Greek yogurt (at room temp)
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tbsp Vinegar
- ¾ Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, oil honey and vanilla. Whisk until well combined and smooth.
Sift dry ingredients over wet. Add vinegar and fold the batter in till flour disappears, don't over mix at this point. Batter will be thick, but avoid adding more liquid or your pancakes may turn out flat rather than fluffy. At this point you may also add some walnut chunks or even chocolate chips to your batter.
Now heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Scoop batter onto the heated griddle. I like to form 6 good sized and thick pancakes from this batter. You can make them as big or as small as you prefer. They will still turn out very thick and puffy!
Cook on the first side until bubbles begin to form and settle over the top. Bottom side of the pancakes will be lightly browned by then. It will take about 1-2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until the second side is browned, about 1-2 minutes more.
Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree heated oven while you cook the rest of them. I have served mine with Pongo Chocolate Hazelnut Spread and fresh berries. You may enjoy them as is or with some syrup if you'd like.
To freeze pancakes, first let them cool completely and then wrap them in ziploc bags or airtight containers. They freeze well for up to 2 months.
Thaw pancakes on the counter top or reheat them in microwave until heated through.
Tips to make perfect Pancakes:
- I like to use white whole wheat flour to make my pancakes. It has a mild and sweeter flavor than regular whole wheat flour. You can even use half all purpose flour and half whole wheat.
- Don't reduce the quantity of vanilla in the batter. You will need heaping 2 tsps for best flavor. Never over mix batter after adding the dry ingredients. Just mix until the streaks of flour disappear.
- Batter will be thick and trust me it will make thickest pancakes! Don't be tempted to add more milk to it.
- Don't flip pancake right when bubbles start forming on top, cook it on one side till bubbles start to settle on the top of pancake.
Serving: 1Pancake | Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 118mg | Sugar: 7g