Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
Easy Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe made in 1:30 minutes. You will never want to bake another chocolate cake after you try this simple, no egg and moist chocolate cake for one or two that is ready in minutes!
Servings: 2 People
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) Milk
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp (36ml) Water
- ½ tsp Instant Coffee
- 4 tbsp (50 gms) Sugar
- 4 tsp (20 ml) Oil
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 6 Tbsp (47 gms) All purpose flour
- ¼ tsp (heaping) Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp (heaping) Baking Soda
- a pinch Salt
- 2 ½ tbsp Cocoa Powder (Natural, Unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp Mini chocolate chips (to top after baking)
Mix milk, water and coffee in a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 30 seconds. Give them a quick stir to mix everything in and add oil, vanilla, sugar and vinegar next. Mix again.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over wet ingredients and fold until the streaks of flour and cocoa disappears in the batter.
Pour in a 10 oz sized microwave mug and bake for 1 ½ minutes or till the top of the cake looks set.
Top with chocolate chips and allow to cool down for a minute or two before enjoying!
Tips to make Perfect Mug Cake:
- I don't recommend storing mug cakes for long. Since these taste best baked fresh.
- If you are required to keep them for a few hours, store them at room temperature covered tightly at all times. I use cling wraps to cover the mugs.
- Don't skip vinegar from the recipe. You need it to react with leaveners and give cake a proper lift.
- I highly recommend using a kitchen scale to measure your ingredients to eliminate all the guess work and eye balling. It rally makes a difference in the texture of the final bake.
- To bake this cake in a single mug you will require a 10 oz mug.
- If you don't have such a big sized mug, you can divide this batter between two small mugs and bake them individually for 1 ½ minutes each.
- If you want only one small mug cake that serves one (instead of a big), simply half this recipe and bake for 1 ½ minutes.
Serving: 2Persons | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 174mg | Sugar: 12g