Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Soft, fluffy and tender Chocolate Chip Pound Cake dotted with loads of chocolate chips and made using minimal ingredients.
Servings: 12 Slices
Hand Mixer/Stand Mixer
n 8x4 inch Loaf Tin
- 12 Tbsp Butter (at room temperature)
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Pure vanilla extract (at room temperature)
- ¼ Cup Whole Milk (Room temperature)
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Ganache
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 8x4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Set it aside.
Using a hand mixer/stand mixer (using paddle attachment) beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
Now add in vanilla and eggs one at a time. Beat the batter well after each addition. Scrape sides as needed.
Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and salt to the batter alternating with milk in 2-3 additions. Batter will be light and fluffy. Do not over mix at this stage.
Now fold in the chocolate chips and pour batter in the pre-lined loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes. Allow the cake to cool down in the tin for about 10 minutes then run a plastic knife around the edges of the pan and take the cake out.
Allow the pound cake to cool down completely on a wire rack before glazing/slicing. Drizzle with chocolate ganache as desired.
Room Temperature Ingredients: My number one tip would be to use room temperature ingredients and do not skimp on the beating time.
Flour: While cake flour works for a pound cake you can easily sub it with all purpose flour or even homemade cake flour. Using cake flour will produce a softer pound cake that will stay soft for days.
Chocolate Chips: You can dust chocolate chips with a little flour before adding to the batter. This step makes sure that chips wont sink down!
- Baked cake will keep at room temperature covered tightly at all times for 2 days. I'd suggest to cut into slices only when needed. That way the cake will stay softer.
- You can also freeze this cake for up to two months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or on counter top before enjoying.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Sodium: 156mg | Sugar: 28g