Best Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
Perfectly chewy, swirly and flavor packed Best Rice Krispie Treat Recipe scented with rose, studded with real pistachios and swirled with pink marshmallow fluff.
Servings: 24 Slices
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 10 oz (280 Gms) Mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp Ground cardamom
- ¼ cup Roughly chopped pistachios
- 3 oz (85 Gms) Pistachio pudding and pie filling jello
- 6 Cups Crisp rice cereal
- A large pinch Salt
- Few drops Green gel food coloring (if using)
For the rose filling
- 1 ½ Cups Marshmallow fluff
- Few drops Rose extract/ 2 Tsp rose water
- Few drops Pink gel food coloring (if using)
- 2 Tbsp Dried and crushed rose petals
- ½ cup Chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup Dried rose petals
Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch cookie sheet/jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Add butter in a pan and melt mini marshmallows on low flame, stirring occasionally. Once melted, add salt, cardamom, pistachios and jello. Mix well to combine. Next add cereal to this mixture and stir until these are well coated with melted marshmallows.
Add food coloring and press this mixture into a lined jelly roll pan/cookie sheet. Press firmly, using a greased spatula, to avoid the mix sticking to the spatula.
Mix crushed petals, rose extract/rose water and pink food coloring (if using) to marshmallow fluff. Spread this on the cereal. Place jelly roll pan in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes and roll tightly, starting at the short side of the sheet.
Refrigerate the rolled log again for 30-45 minutes and cut the log into pinwheels of desired thickness using a sharp knife.
Rice Krispies marshmallow treats can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to two days. To keep them longer, store them in your freezer for up to 2 months in air tight containers or ziplocs.
Quick Tips to make Perfect Rice Krispie Treats:
- I cut my pinwheels into 24 slices, about one inches thick. You can cut them as per the thickness you desire.
- You may use any stiff frosting like butter cream or nut butter frostings to fill these rolls. Refrigerate these for good one hour before slicing.
- Try switching rose flavor with strawberry by using a packet of freeze dried strawberries (finely ground it and mix with marshmallow fluff filling). Or even a tsp of strawberry extract would be so great here. Skip decorating with dried rose on the top if going this route.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 47mg | Sugar: 15g