Lemon Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Squeeze the best out of your day with my lemon blueberry muffin recipe. Soft. Moist. Bright. Cheerful! You only need- One Bowl, 5 minutes of prep time and you will be feasting on them in 30 minutes.
Servings: 8 Large Muffins
- 2 Cups (240 gms) All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup (120 ml) Oil
- 2 Large Eggs (Room temperature)
- 1 Cup (240 ml) Yogurt (Full fat)
- 1 Cup (200 Gms) Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Blueberries (Fresh/frozen)
Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a muffin pan with 8 liners. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl beat together egg and sugar (You may use a beater to speed up the process). I did it with a whisk. ;) Add oil, yogurt, salt, vanilla and mix these well until incorporated. Beat in lemon juice and zest too.
Sift all purpose flour and baking soda over the wet ingredients and fold only till no streak of flour is visible. Use a spatula for this job and employ cut and fold method to avoid over mixing. Make sure to get to the bottom of your bowl
Fold in the blueberries, saving some for dotting on top before baking (for those appealing tops). Bake these for 7 minutes at 425°F. Then keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for 17-19 minutes. Or till the muffin passes the toothpick test.
Allow to cool them on wire rack after 5 minutes of taking these out of the oven.
- If using frozen berries, no need to thaw.
- You can store these muffins at room temperature for 2 days covered tightly. Muffins stay fresh in refrigerator for upto a week.
- For longer storage, you may freeze them for upto 2 months and thaw a few hours before enjoying!
- Yogurt: Always use full fat yogurt for best taste and texture.
- To ensure soft and fluffy muffins: Use room temperature ingredients and don't over mix the batter after adding dry ingredients.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 206mg | Sugar: 34g