Vegan chocolate cupcake recipe with raspberry buttercream frosting
Drum roll for a super quick vegan chocolate cupcake recipe please. So moist, fluffy and rich! I promise you will never get over it. ;)
Servings: 12 Cupcakes
- 1 ⅓ Cups Vegan/regular Flour
- ½ Cup Oil
- 6 Tbsp Cocoa (unsweetened)
- ¾ + 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 250 ml Coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp Vinegar
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¾ tsp Baking soda
- ⅛ tsp Salt
For the vegan raspberry buttercream frosting
- 1 Cup Vegan butter
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Thickened raspberry puree (strained)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- A pinch Salt
- One drop Pink gel food color (Optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and line 12 cupcake liners. Set aside.2. In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add sugar in and mix well using a dry whisk.3. In a liquid measuring cup measure coconut milk and add oil, then vinegar to it. Mix well.4. Add all the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix just until combined.5. Pour the batter in the cupcake liners and bake for 30-35 minutes or till they pass the tooth pick test.6. Take out and let cool on a wire rack completely.For the frosting1. Make sure everything is at room temperature. Beat butter, salt and half of the powdered sugar till light and fluffy.2. Add the remaining sugar and continue to beat until peaks are formed. Also add a tiny drop of gel food color if needed.3. Beat in raspberry puree and vanilla, just until combined and the frosting is of pipeable consistency. Keep in the refrigerator for ten minutes or so(if needed) before frosting for those pretty swirls.
- Also feel free to replace coconut milk with regular full fat milk, if you don't mind non-vegan cupcakes!
- Make sure to add cooled and thickened raspberry puree to the frosting.
- The frosted/unfrosted cupcakes stay fresh for 2-3 days in refrigerator.
- It is easy to store the unfrosted ones in the freezer upto 2 months (if required). Thaw them and frost with fresh buttercream to enjoy!
- Frosting can be stored separately in an air tight container in the refrigerator upto 7 days. Thaw for 5-7 minutes before piping.