Chewy almond bars with bluberries
Step up your breakfast and snack time gear with these chewy almond bars jam packed with blueberries and vanilla flavor! Super thick, nutty, chewy, filling and hearty!
Servings: 6 Rectangular/12 square bars
- 1/4 Cup Oats (powdered)
- 1 1/4 Cups Almond halves
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries (or any other berries/raisins
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp Almond butter
- A generous pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1. Line a bread pan (8 x 4 inches) with parchment paper over hanging on the sides. (It makes easy to pull out baked bars from the pan) Not needed if using foil baking pan. Just spray with a butter spray. Just like shown in the pictures.2. Preheat your oven to 300°F (149°C). Pulse lightly 3/4 cup of the almonds into chunks.3. Add almond halves, almond chunks, oats, salt and blueberries in a large mixing bowl and mix well.4. Add peanut butter, vanilla and honey. Mix to combine.5. Transfer this mix into the baking pan. Press it all firmly. You may use greased back of a spoon/spatula to press the mix down evenly.6. Bake these for about 20-24 minutes. Or until they appear golden-brown on top. Mine were done in 22 minutes. The bars may appear sticky. Don't be tempted to continue to bake these. They will firm up further in the refrigerator.7. Take them out of oven and let cool on a wire rack for some time and place in the refrigerator for an hour or so. It will help them to firm up.8. Remove them from pan using overhangs. Cut into desired shapes with a sharp knife.
- Keep these stored in the refrigerator as they tend to be sticky when stored at room temperature. The snack bars stay fresh for upto 10 days in the refrigerator.
- Also these breakfast bars are freezer friendly. Store them wrapped in parchment paper individually for upto two months. Thaw before devoring.
- Use gluten free oats if wish to make the bars gluten free. You can even substitute oats with almond/sunflower seed/ hemp seeds meal.
- Replace honey with brown rice syrup for vegan options.