Lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting
Tread in sunny lemon fields with these bright lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting. These hide a ton of flavor, softness and fluffiness inside!
Servings: 12 Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 Cups Cake Flour
- 1/2 Cup Flavorless oil
- 2 Large Eggs (Yolks and whites separated)
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon zest
- 1/4 Cup Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Butter extract
- 1/2 Cup Milk
For the lemon frosting
- 1 1/2 Cups Whipping Cream
- 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 3/4 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 12 Lemon slices (Cut into triangles)
- 12 Mint springs (Optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 deg F and line a baking pan with 12 paper liners. Set aside.2. Beat the egg whites with 1/2 cup of sugar in a large mixing bowl, till stiff peaks stage. Set it aside too.3. Mix yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil. vanilla, salt and the remaining sugar in a medium mixing bowl.3. Add sifted cake flour and baking powder to this mixture alternating with milk in three additions.4. Fold in egg whites in the batter. Take care not to overmix. Distribute the batter in the liners and bake for about 20-22 minutes.5. Take them out once done and allow these to cool down completely inverted. As they might shrink a little.For the frosting:1. Pour cool whipping cream in chilled bowl, add sugar, cornstarch and whip until soft peak stage.2. Now incorporate lemon juice and vanilla to the cream. Mix just until combined.3. Keep the cream in fridge till ready to use, Frost as desired.4. Decorate with lemon slices and mint sprigs.
→Frost lemon cupcakes when cooled completely.
→You must store lemon frosting in the refrigerator until ready to use.
→Store unfrosted cupcakes in the freezer (covered tightly) for 2-3 months if desired.
→You may store frosted cupcakes (covered tightly) in the refrigerator for 2-4 days.