Lemon blueberry cupcakes for two
Cupcakes for two of you! One bowl recipe for fluffy and lemony cupcakes exploding with blueberries, topped with blueberry cream cheese frosting!
- 1/4 Cup (26 gms) All purpose flour
- 1 tsp (2 gms) Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp (Heaping) Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Egg
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 4 tsp Oil (any, flavorless)
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Butter extract (optional)
- A pinch Salt
- 1/3 Cup Blueberries (for the batter and decoration)
Blueberry cream cheese frosting
- 2 Oz Cream cheese ( Room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp Butter (Room temperature)
- 1/2 Tbsp Homemade blueberry sauce/Blueberry jam
- 5 Tbsp Powdered sugar
- 1 Drop Purple food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
For blueberry sauce
- 1/4 Cup Blueberries
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 8-10 Drops Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Cornstarch
For Blueberry sauce:Microwave all the ingredients in small increments (stirring the sauce in bettween) till a thick paste is formed. When it coats the back of your spoon well, it is ready.We will add 1/2 tbsp of strained and cooled sauce in our frosting. You can drizzle the rest onto your frosted cupcakes for an intensified blueberry flavor.For lemon cupcakes:1. Preheat your oven to 375 deg F and line a muffin pan with 2 liners. Set aside.2. In a small mixing bowl add egg and sugar, beat until fluffy, pale and light. Next add oil, lemon juice and zest. Also add in extracts. Combine well.3. Using a sifter, sift flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt in the wet ingredients. Fold alternating with milk. Also fold in the berries saving a few to decorate on top.4. Pour the batter in the prepared liners and bake for 17-18 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan. And cool completely before frosting.For the blueberry cream cheese frosting:1. Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth and creamy, about a minute or so.2. Beat in powdered sugar and blueberry sauce/jam slowly. And beat till the desired consistency is reached. Add in vanilla and the food coloring (if using).3. Frost cool cupcakes with the lovely purple frosting and decorate with fresh blueberries.
- Blueberry flavor in this frosting is very mild. I did not drizzle the blueberry sauce over my cupcakes, but I suggest you do, if you are looking for a well pronounced blueberry flavor.
- You can even make a hole in the center of your cupcakes and fill it with the remaining sauce. I do it all the time. Delicious!